Re: Expected soil settlement.

I have designed houses with 3 ft. deep grade beams all around the
exterior as well as at a couple of interior cross walls. These were
designed to carry the entire tributary area of the house as a cantilever
should the settlement occur. (lots of #8 bars top and bottom).

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA