RE: pool wall design

My brother had a reinforced concrete pool built at the rear of his
house which was located on a slope. He could walk out of his basement
doors to the pool.  The company that built the pool had a contract to
clean and ready the pool every spring.  They came, emptyed it and
left it overnight.  It rained that night and the pool popped up 10"
at one end and 5" at the other-- the pressure relief valve failed.
It was a bath-tub design, i.e. poured all at once or gunited, no base slab projection.
Over several years, it has settled almost back to its original
position.  There were no cracks.

Gary Hodgson