shear bolts- glulam

Title: Message
My situation is this:

I have a large horizontal (parallel to grain) shear in a glulam (caused by gravity loads, and uplift loads). I plan on using two rows of 3/4" bolts to resist this shear, with two steel side plates.

Using NDS, p. 73, Table 8.3D, normally the tables would have Z values parallel and perp. to grain, ie, with the || symbol for parallel to grain. But in this table, at least in my copy, instead of these symbols as subscripts I have " 1/2 1/2" and "^" ?? Am I to assume this is just a typo?

Is their anything I should know about shear connections parallel to grain in glulam? Is their any problems if the bolts end up at the lamination layer, or do I need a note not to install the bolts at the layer interface?

Andrew Kester, EI
Longwood, FL