Re: CMU Column Ties (horizontal)

You would be better off using the definition of a column from the 2002
MSJC.  As Rick pointed out, the MSJC definition of a column would mean
that Dennis' case WOULD NOT be definied as a column, but would rather be a
"pier" which does not have tie requirements, at least in the MSJC (don't
know about the UBC).

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI