Steel-Detail: cost of field drilling holes

I need to have 10 sets of (8) 1 5/16" diameter holes drilled through 1" plate in the field.  Each will have the same circular pattern.  The contractor has submitted a price that I think is excessive (just my gut feel).  Assuming the contractor is already on site for other work, what would you think is a reasonable cost for this?  If any of you have any data to back up your estimate, I would appreciate some ammunition.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067-9039
Phone: (610) 262-6345
Fax: (610) 262-8188
e-mail: kpeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/MBhwlB/TM
drawings, customizable bill of materials and CNC data. Seamlessly
integrate with our MRP system to maximize your efficiency and reduce
your costs. For more information please visit www.strucad.com.