----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>; "Steel Detail"
<steel-detail(--nospam--at)yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 1:31 PM
Subject: Steel-Detail: cost of field drilling holes

> I need to have 10 sets of (8) 1 5/16" diameter holes drilled through 1"
plate in the field.  Each will have the same circular pattern.  The
contractor has submitted a price that I think is excessive (just my gut
feel).  Assuming the contractor is already on site for other work, what
would you think is a reasonable cost for this?  If any of you have any data
to back up your estimate, I would appreciate some ammunition.