RE: Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court Clarifies the Title "Engineer"

As Jim point out, in many states that PE act only restricts the use of the
title "Professional Engineer".  All other uses of the term "engineer" is
FULLY permitted by law in such states.

The NCEES website has a PDF file that lists responses to a survey that
included a question as to what terms are restricted.  The link to the
survey response to this question is:

http://www.ncees.org/licensure/licensing_requirements/2003_survey_results/e_01.pdf

(note: the link ends in "...esults/e_01.pdf" and may require pasting into
your browser)

According to that survey response, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is one
of those states (i.e. "Professional Engineer" is the only restricted
term/title).  What is suprising is that the responses were supposedly
supplied by the board, so in theory the Pennsylvania board should not have
ruled as they did in the first place and should not have needed
"clarification" from the court.

FWIW, the NCEES site also has survey responses for a bunch of other
interesting issues.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI