From: Al Greene [mailto:agreene(--nospam--at)bigge.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 11:39 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Galvanic corrosion

Does anyone have any case histories or can they cite any studies of the
effects of galvanic corrosion of a small steel area (hook) occasionally
contacting a large 304 stainless steel area (trunnion) over much time (10-40
years) in a variety of atmospheres from dry to completely wet?  I'm trying
to answer a customer's concern, but cannot find anything beyond the basic
text book type stuff in my library.  Thanks.

Al Greene, PE
Civil Engineer
Bigge Crane & Rigging Co.
San Leandro, CA