Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 11:42 PM
Subject: Re: cost of field drilling holes
 Through a flange, web, base plates?
Is it overhead work?
Is high rise, limited access or residential?
Can they be punched, or must they be drilled?

Steven A.
Los Angeles

Ken Peoples wrote:

I need to have 10 sets of (8) 1 5/16" diameter holes drilled through 1" plate in the field.  Each will have the same circular pattern.  The contractor has submitted a price that I think is excessive (just my gut feel).  Assuming the contractor is already on site for other work, what would you think is a reasonable cost for this?  If any of you have any data to back up your estimate, I would appreciate some ammunition. Thanks in advance, Ken Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067-9039
Phone: (610) 262-6345
Fax: (610) 262-8188