From: G M [mailto:newabhaju(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 1:02 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Rock Anchors - any recommendations

I have a residential project on top of a hill.  One of side of the property
is a very steep quarry face.  The jurisdictioin wants the quarry face to be
stabilized before they will even consider taking in the  project for plan
review.  The soil reports recommends a use of rock anchors.  I just got hold
of the "Ground Anchors and Anchored structures" by Xanthakos and also laid
my hands of SNAIL program from CALTRANS.  Can somebody recommend me books
with design examples so I have something to check my design with.

Gautam

Is your computer infected with a virus?  Find out with a FREE computer virus
scan from McAfee.  Take the FreeScan now!