Re: cost of field drilling holes

You are forgetting set-up time - get to the specific location,
unload, set template, install drill bit, find it's worn, go get
another,start
to drill, do one or two holes, take a breather, drill more, go for
coffee, finish holes, take assembly apart and repeat the process.  I
would add 50% to your time estimate.