Re ATS-109

Cac>   I recently came across excerpts from "ATS-109". I'm trying
Cac> to locate the entire document but am not aware of the title nor
Cac> the publisher (the header is: ATS-109, Glass Strength and
Cac> Deflection Under Uniform Load). The two pages I have in hand
Cac> address the design/analysis of tempered glass used as an infill
Cac> panel for stairs' guardrails. Any suggested leads is appreciated.

A co-worker previously worked for a store-front fabricator (Kawneer?)

Anyway, he had a partial copy of ATS-109 in his files, the report
appears to have been done by Libby-Owen-Ford back in 1987 which now
appears to be the Pilkington Group. Their website doesn't list that
specific ATS report.

Another source would be ASTM E 1300 - Standard Practice for Determining
the Minimum Thickness and Type of Glass Required to Resist a Specified
Load.

Also, the building codes appear to have span/deflection tables for
various thickness of glass.

Good luck!
Best regards,
 Mike Jones, P.E.             mailto:mike(--nospam--at)jlaeng.com