ACI 318-02 structural integrity question

ACI 318-02 commentary section R16.5.2.1 states that
?It is uncommon to have ties positioned in the walls
reasonably close to the plane of the floor or roof
system.?

My question is this: Is there a mistake in the wording
of this sentence?  Should the word ?uncommon? actually
be ?common??

As presently written, you could change the wording of
the sentence as follows and retain the meaning as it
is now stated:  ?If you place the ties reasonably
close to the floor or roof framing, then dude, like,
you are doing something really strange ? are you sure
that you're a structural engineer??

Actually, I just answered my own question (at least as
far as I?m concerned). ACI 318-95 said ?It is NOT
uncommon??  For some reason the word ?not? disappeared
in ACI 318-99 and ?02. I am certain that the deletion
of the word ?not? was a mistake.

Cliff