Shear wall Beam Design

I wanted to know if someone can show me how to apply the load combination equtations 12-17 and 12-18 to a beam design in a "plan offset discontinuous system". The beam is supporting two 8 ft tall shear walls and is arranged as follows: 5ft shear wall - 3 foot window opening - 4 ft shear wall. Do the load combination equations give me a horizontal load at the top of the walls or a vertical load at the end of each shear walls? Do I have to calculate the system as a perforated shear wall system or as individual shear wall system? How do I apply the equations to the beam supporting the shear walls?

Jose Salinas