Re: E/O Insurance

Gentlemen:
Here are my 5 cents worth: I dropped my E/O insurance a couple of years ago after the premiums almost doubled each year for last four years!  I Never had a claim or gave notice that I might get sued. The "reason" for thee rate increase was, that the underwriters (Lloyds of London)  declared California structural engineers as a high risk.

I have been an expert witness several times and was very disappointed to see and hear "reputable" structural engineers stating their "professional opinions" (i.e. lies) in depositions, taking a 180 degree turn to their true knowledge and believes.

At one time in court, the judge stated that, since the drawings and calculations have been approved by the Bulding Department and since they know what they are doing, the drawings and calculations submitted and approved by the Bulding Department had to be correct!!

Antonio S. Luisoni