RE: Shear wall Beam Design

Jose,

The load combinations in Section 1612.4 of the UBC are different from the load combinations of 1612.3.  They are only required to be applied when some OTHER  section of the code requires it which is what the charging paragraph indicates when it refers to "specifically required by..".  I didn't check for your particular application but check the sections of the code you are using and see if they refer back to 1612.4.

Jim Persing