RE: SE job opportunities - Chicago

Title: Message

There seems to be a difference of opinion on the list regarding this issue.

During the H1-B discussion, I mentioned that prior to hiring the visa worker, I posted

Ads in the Chicago Tribune, Career Builder and Monster.com in a valiant attempt

To recruit a qualified US SE.

As I was subsequently told by various list members, THAT was the wrong thing to do…

I should not do a mass listing, like in a newspaper or on a website!

According to these folks, I should, in fact contact the SEA’s direct, as I am doing now by posting on this list.

I realize of course, that all these methods are good ways to attract candidates…

It just goes to show that you can’t please all of the people all of the time!!!!!!

David L. Fisher, SE, PE

Director

Head of Design and Construction

Cape Cod Grand Cayman Holdings Ltd.