RE: SE job opportunities - Chicago

Dennis,

To some degree, contacting and posting job openning with each SEA
_ORGANIZATION_ (they are _NOT_ chapters) is a duplicate effort if you post
a job openning in the Structure magazine.  If a SEA _ORGANIZATION_ is a
member of NCSEA, then all the members of that SEA _ORGANIZATION_ get the
Structure magazine.  OTOH, some people may pay more attention to their
"local" SEA _ORGANIZATION'S_ newsletter than the Structure magazine, so
there still might be some benefit.

And for what it is worth, many/some of the SEA _ORGANIZTIONS_ don't have
executive directors or employees.  Many/some are small enough that they
cannot afford such things and operate purely through volunteers.  SEAMi is
an example of that.  They do not have an executive director or employees,
but rather just the volunteers who are the officers, committee chairs, and
committee members.  But, then SEAMi's dues are only $30 a year (at least
last time I paid them).

I did agree with your suggestion for posting the job openning in Structure
magazine and Structural Engineer magazine.  I personally think that is
where David would get the most "bang for the buck".  This is especially
true of Structure magazine as it goes to all the members of the member SEA
_ORGANIZATIONS_ of NCSEA, all the members of ASCE's SEI, and all the
member COMPANIES of CASE (they might be able to receive multiple copies to
multiple employees of the member companies).  Beyond those two magazines,
all other routes can prove somewhat fruitfull, but will likely have less
bang for their buck.

Regards,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI