RE: SE job opportunities - Chicago

Title: RE: SE job opportunities - Chicago

 The shadow strikes again I see.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Wish
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: 11/26/2003 9:05 PM
Subject: RE: SE job opportunities - Chicago

I give you one point for the compliment and take away three for being so
"Anal" (just teasing). I keep forgetting my pecking order:
From bottom to top:
ALL OTHER PIEONS
ASSOCIATE MEMBER
STUDENT MEMBER
MEMBER
CHAPTER (ASSUMING STATES WITH MORE THAN ONE CHAPTER LIKE CALIFORNIA)
STATE ASSOCIATION (which you refer to as "ORGANIZATION" )
REGIONAL ORGANIZATION (members in multiple states belonging to one state
Chapter)
NATIONAL COUNCIL OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS ASSOCIATION (ONLY ONE
ASSOCIATION - THIS IS WHERE IT GETS CONFUSING)
INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION (NOT YET CREATED)
SCOTT MAXWELL - ON TOP OF IT ALL :>)

I am not yet convinced how wide spread the NCSEA Structures Magazine is
since I don't belong to any SEA local or state chapter (and California
is around $160.00 +/- a year for membership).

California has over 4,000 members at state level (assuming about 1800
from Southern California, about 1200 from Northern California and the
rest between Central and San Diego Chapters). Illinois, I understand,
has a somewhat large membership as does Washington (the State not D.C. -
which is not a state or is it?????>( ) I believe that Texas, Arizona and
Oregon have a decent size of membership (nothing to match California but
probably 500 to 1000 members each state). Texas - a shit load, but this
is Stan's state and don't they still herd cows (another joke okay - I
did wish him a happy holidays)?

I guess my intention was not to worry about the semantics (or is
Symantec) or is it Semitic (Oy Veh! that one I know).

So put a plug in it and have a wonderful holiday and I'll e-you after
tomorrow.

Your friend,
Dennis

PS When Santana did Oya Como Veh! I thought he was Jewish