Re: Connections

Just in case you are being serious...

RBS = reduced beam section (aka dogbone connections)

This the connection "style" that was developed after Northridge where you
"cut" away some of the flange width of the beam to "force" the plastic
hinging into the beam a foot or two from the actual connection rather than
just making sure the connection is stronger than the beam.  In otherwords,
rather then the typical "beefing up" of the connection to force the
plastic hinge into the beam, the beam is "weakened".

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI