GSREB and City of Los Angeles Chapter 96

Nels Roselund was kind enough to lead me to the GSREB for Reinforced Concrete retrofit and the same for the City of Los Angeles Chapter 96. I have a question that I could not find referenced in the code. The codes only reference that to qualify, the walls must have at least 50% of the steel required by current code. It does not limit the strength of the wall by the capacity of the concrete alone. I have some cores on that were taken where the concrete strength is very low. In one spot, the strength of the concrete is zero but the other cores increase to a maximum of 2,500 psi.

Is there a requirement similar to that of URM walls where there is a minimum compressive strength of the concrete for the wall to be used and retrofit? In my case, the cores are taken at the longest walls with no openings. The unit (linear) shear of the walls would easily support the lateral strength of the diaphragm and in the weak direction; I am providing additional shear resisting elements.

Can anyone tell me if there is a requirement in a table I may not have seen that limits the lowest value of concrete compressive strength?

Thanks

Dennis