RE: Lateral Deflection of Masonry Wall Building

Rich,

	H/400 is a good rule of thumb for a buildings with brick veneer, glass
curtainwall systems, or rigid interior partitions.  However, H/100 is
typically acceptable for a cmu structure used as a warehouse.  A good
reference on these items is AISC's Steel Design Guide Series 3,
"Serviceability Design Considerations for Low-Rise Buildings."

Brian K. Smith, P.E.