Re: Connections

Thanks to all for keeping this thread moving.
Keep them coming please.

As announced already, I am compiling a digest of these
discussions and many list members on the steel-detail
list have evinced interest and are awaiting my digest
which I had offered to circulate.

Cliff,

The fancy title of the article you mentioned reminds
me of my own experience.

I worked on my Thesis while pursuing my Masters degree
in structural engineering in 1974 from the University
of Roorkee in India.

CPM/Pert networks were hot topics those days in India.
One of my professors pursuaded me to work on
developing a computer program for CPM and further for
optimum resource allocation for construction projects.

The head of the department did not fancy such projects
and reluctantly approved this subject when we assured
him we would apply it to an actual construction
project.

I had titled my thesis in plain English as "CPM
networks"

The learned professor who was guiding me did not think
 this title would impress people.

He asked me to call it "The Acylcic Directed Non -
Stochastic Networks"

I presented this thesis before an august gathering.
Fortunately no one asked me what the title meant.

Regards
G Vishwanath