RE: Engineering Education

Well Mike, I invest at least one year (sometimes more) waiting for them to
be truly productive.

During that time, they learn how to:

-	      Draft (very few have any REAL CAD training...)
- Design a beam (you'd be surprised!)
- Read architectural drawings (again, you'd be surprised...)

Sometimes, they NEVER become productive.

I've been lucky with my staff, thought the only guy I ever had to let go was
a kid with a 4.0 gpa.

I guess that proves grades aren't everything,

Yours etc.,

David L. Fisher, SE, PE
Director
Head of Design and Construction