Re: Structural Drafting course (was RE: Connections)

Scott,

You should review the curriculum at Cal Poly before making these
assumptions.  As a Cal Poly grad, former lecturer, and current member of the
Curriculum Advisory Committee, I assure you that structural engineering is
not a specialty of an otherwise typical architectural engineering program.
Structural Engineering is the primary focus, and I would put a Cal Poly
undergrad up against most of the masters program grads I have encountered.
By the time a student graduates from the ARCE program with a BS, they have
had more structural classes than most combined undergrad / masters programs
in the country.  How many programs as an undergrad have more than a year of
just concrete design (concrete, concrete lab (full building design with
drawings), advanced concrete, and prestressed).

The largest percentage of licensed SE's in California are Cal Poly grads.

I think my bias is showing :-)

Paul Feather PE, SE
pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net
www.SE-Solutions.net