RE: Connections

No, Jim, I didn't mean the SEOR's calcs, but the calcs that the fabricator
should have made, if the fabricator included a sketch or notation in the
calcs.  I was thinking of something very similar to, "Use xyz, cap = ##lbs >
applied load of # lbs" type of note.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Jim Persing wrote:

. > Roger,

. > I would have to agree with what you say except when you stated "The
. > detailer would pick this information off the engineering
. > drawings/calculations and place the information on the shop drawing." I
. > hope that you didn't mean that the detailer has access to the engineering
. > calculations - at least not from the engineer of record. The calculations
. > from our office should never be used by anyone to interpret anything --
. > except maybe the plan reviewer, but never to use for construction.

. > Jim Persing