Fema 350

Title: Message
Disregard the reference to wish bone below. I still have Thanksgiving on my mind. It should be dog bone.

Regards,

Dan Hernandez, PE
Structural Engineer

Kipp,

If the section in question is reduced in order to cause a hinge to occur (wish bone), then the plastic modulus of the reduced section is to be calculated at that location.

Refer to Figure 3-2 and note a "reduced beam section (if applicable)" reference.

Hope this helps,

Dan Hernandez, PE