Perforated shearwall design

I have a perforated shearwall question see if some one can help me out. If i design a perforated shearwall instead of two standard shear wall separated by a window, i only need to provide hold-downs at both ends. My question is, in designing the supporing Element(Beam), do i still consider the tension and compression forces at the ends of the oppening in the middle of my shear wall or just the forces at the ends of the perforated shear wall?

Roberto Salinas, PE
San Jose, CA