RE: Perforated shear wall design

Do i need to consider the tension and compression on each of the internal segments that make up the total full height sheething (SUM Li). or just the ends?

From: "Schwan, Martin K." <SchwanMK(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Perforated shear wall design
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:21:14 -0900

You must consider what are the tension and compression forces.  Each end
of each perforated shear wall segment shall be designed for a
compression force = tension force.  The compression chord force at the
end of each perforated shear wall segment is T = C = V/[Co x sum Li],
Where Co = shear resistance adjustment factor and sum Li = sum of the
widths of perforated shear wall segments (full height sheathing).