Re: Perforated shearwall design

Roberto -

Are you asking about uplift forces at the interior base of
the end wall piers?  Or are you asking about load continuity
across the "joint" between the interior wall segments and the
end wall piers?  Pardon my ASCII art, but I couldn't get my
pencil to work on the screen.  ;-)

|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |      Interior       |                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |=====================|                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|     End         |                     |         End        |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |=====================|                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |                     |                    |
|                 |      Interior       |                    |
| HD              |                     |                 HD |

In the former case, you should consider those loads as
transferred to the interior wall segments.  In the latter case,
you must provide for load transfer across that "joint" per
1997 UBC 2315.1.

Charley