From: Roberto salinas [mailto:salinas_roby(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 12:48 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Perforated shearwall design

I have a perforated shearwall question see if some one can help me out.
If
i design a perforated shearwall instead of two standard shear wall
separated
by a window, i only need to provide hold-downs at both ends.  My
question
is, in designing the supporing Element(Beam), do i still consider the
tension and compression forces at the ends of the oppening in the middle
of
my shear wall or just the forces at the ends of the perforated shear
wall?

Roberto Salinas, PE
San Jose, CA

Say "goodbye" to busy signals and slow downloads with a high-speed
Internet
connection! Prices start at less than $1 a day average.