From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 10:25 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Schooling (was Connections)

Ed Tornberg wrote:

. > Oh, not that we should completely abandon it! - but any good school
. > willing to properly service its customer (the student), should offer
. > non-thesis path that focuses on outstanding practical preparation
rooted
. > in sound theory.

Ed,

I look at it a bit differently.  I consider the student as the product,
and
the profession the customer.  A good product (student) will always be in

demand by the customer (the profession).

While I know nothing about SLO's Architectural Engineering curriculum,
the
accolades that I have read on this list indicates that SLO produces an
excellent product (student) that is greatly in demand by the customer
(profession).

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona