RE: Perforated shear wall design

Roberto,

APA, formerly the American Plywood Association, has a paper out on perforated
shear wall design.  In it, they have hold-downs only at the ends of the
perforated shear wall, not at the ends of each segment.  I found the
technique that they used being unique and creative as they ignored the
segments where the perforations occurred.  You probably should be able to
download the paper from their web site, www.apawood.org, and make your own
judgement about where to place hold-downs.

A. Roger Turk
Tucson, Arizona

Roberto Salinas wrote:

. > Do i need to consider the tension and compression on each of the internal
. > segments that make up the total full height sheething (SUM Li). or just
. > the ends?