Re: Seismic design of walls

See UBC Table 16-O Item 2.H Masonry or concrete fences over 6 feet high.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Michael L. Hemstad" <hemstad.ml(--nospam--at)tkda.com>

12/03/2003 12:19 PM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Seismic design of walls

This is a ridiculously simple question, but I haven't found the answer
yet.

Where in the California Building code (1997 UBC) does it address the
seismic design of a free-standing cantilevered masonry wall (e.g. a
garden wall)?

Thanks for your help.

Mike Hemstad
TKDA