RE: Perforated shear wall design

Alan Kolba wrote the following dissertation:

Kolba, A. E. 2000. The Behavior of Wood Shear Walls Designed Using Diekmann's Method and Subjected to Static In-Plane Loading.   Dissertation submitted to Marquette University for partial fulfillment of Doctor of Philosophy.

UMI Microform Number 9977734

Below is a link to UMI Dissertation Services.  Search for Dissertation/State and you can find your local representative.

http://www.il.proquest.com/division/rs-search.shtml

To my knowledge, this information has never been published outside of this dissertation.  I may be mistaken, but I think Dr. Kolba is no longer in the wood engineering field.

Dissertation is 456 pages.  Needless to say, few (if any) of APA staff have carefully studied the topic, therefore, we'll decline from further commenting.

Tom
Thomas D. Skaggs, Ph.D., P.E.
Senior Engineer
APA - The Engineered Wood Association