Re: school, stuff

Andrew:

You are correct.  ABET ties their hands in this area.  This is why I have
said that their is not ABET accredited structural engineering programs
(Cal Poly may have one in effect by "fudging" an arch eng program...ABET
accreditation for arch eng programs might allow for some more flexibility
that does not exist for civil eng programs).  Personally, I agree that it
would be nice to have a structural engineering program and in theory it
would be fairly easy to "create" such a program from within a civil eng OR
arch eng program (only fairly easy in that such a program might still
require adding a couple of courses like masonry and/or wood design which
could cause some problems).

Regards,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI