RE: Schooling (was Connections)

Well Scott:

Then someone needs to inform a certain private college (with their own TV
network)
in Northern Indiana that they have failed.

I hired a grad from this institution and he was unable to size a beam.

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you on the drafting points...

If we, as engineers can't convey our designs graphically, then we're sunk.

Being a "pure" CE from a Big Ten University, I was required to take classes
in drafting structural plans
And was required in steel and concrete design classes to produce design
sketches
As part of assignments and to complete my thesis.

Additionally, those individuals who graduate from Arch. Engineering programs
(e.g., Penn State, Kansas State, et. al., )

are able to draft at least at some basic level and draw a sketch.

David L. Fisher, SE, PE
Director
Head of Design and Construction

Cape Cod Grand Cayman Holdings Ltd.