RE: Schooling (was Connections)

Roger,

Again (see other posts), sketching and drafting are TWO completely
different animals.  Without a doubt, an engineer needs to have the ability
to confer to the person creating the contract documents the intent and
necessary information that the documents must contain.  This is typically
done in a graphical format...aka a sketch.  But, I doubt many sketchs that
engineers produce would EVER be put directly on contract
documents...client would be firing engineers after wondering why the
engineer had their 6 year kid draw the contract documents.  What and how
something is shown on a detail or plan is the engineer's responsibility.
Making it presentable (i.e. drafting it) may or may not be the engineer's
responsibility (some engineers CAD/manually draft their own stuff others
don't).

My point was that I did not go to a 4 year college in order to learn
drafting skills so that my drawings could be presentable and I already
knew how to sketch before I went to school.  What I learn at school
(within limits) was what needed to go on the sketch (i.e. the structural
content).

Regards,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI