30" TJ50 Capacity

Paul,

A 1979 Truss Joist catalog shows the capacity of a 30" TJ/50 spanning 58 feet
to be 54 #/lf for a flat roof, 72 #/lf for a sloped roof (slope > 1/8":12).
These include the 125% increase for roofs in our neck of the woods.  For a
floor, the spans stop at 50 feet.

I also have a copy of ICBO Report No. PFC-1694, dated February, 1980, if it
would help.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Paul Blomberg wrote:

. > I've got a good client (my boss) that is adding load
. > to a 30" TJ50 open web truss (~57' span) in a church
. > built around 1980.  All my wood books are at home, can
. > anyone tell me what the load capabilities are for this
. > member?

. > Roger Turk, can you help me any??
. > Thanks in advance.

. > Paul Blomberg