Re: Cedar

Dave:
According to the Wood Engineering Handbook, there is
an irreversible and cumulative effect of temperature
on wood strength properties. A curve given there shows
that the modulus of rupture (MOR) is reduced by about
50% after an exposure time of 5 days (? its hard to
read the curve)at an oven temperature of 175 deg C. At
temperature of 115 deg C, MOR is reduced by 35% after
250 days.

Hope this helps,
Irv