Re: Creosote Ban?

CCA can be kind of dangerous stuff.  I worked on a project where there was a bridge over a stream on private property.  The timbers were CCA treated.  It was extremely cold (minus something) and one of the workers was using a propane torch, I think to try and thaw out the river bank.  Although I can't remember why and I don't think he had gotten a second opinion.

The fumes from the CCA had collected under the bridge and they went off in a fire ball.  The guy was okay but the bridge was gone.  The fish were dying for a couple of months afterwards.

Gail Kelley