Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Creosote Ban?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Creosote Ban?
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:13:32 EST
CCA can be kind of dangerous stuff. I worked on a project where there was a bridge over a stream on private property. The timbers were CCA treated. It was extremely cold (minus something) and one of the workers was using a propane torch, I think to try and thaw out the river bank. Although I can't remember why and I don't think he had gotten a second opinion.
The fumes from the CCA had collected under the bridge and they went off in a fire ball. The guy was okay but the bridge was gone. The fish were dying for a couple of months afterwards.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Creosote Ban?
- Next by Subject: Re: Creosote Ban?
- Previous by thread: Re: Creosote Ban?
- Next by thread: Re: Creosote Ban?