Re: Creosote Ban?

It is my understanding that both the USACE and DEP have banned CCA from all waters classified as shellfish habitat.

From: Tripp Howard <tripphoward(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Creosote Ban?
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 05:53:26 -0800 (PST)

I didn't call, but I did spend a while searching the EPA website as well as other sites. I couldn't seem to find anything that indicated it had been banned by the EPA. However, I've since been told that the Corp. of Engineers won't allow creosote treated timbers to be used in the rivers. I finally just decided to use CCA treated timbers. I know you will be prohibited from using CCA for residential come Jan 1, but it will still be available for commercial and marine work.

Tripp Howard, P.E.

BCainse(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
Tripp-
Have you tried calling EPA to ask?