Re: Q: Hot-Dip Galvanizing of A 307 Bolts and Related Nuts

Comment:

what exactly is "mechanically galvanized"?  My understanding of galvanizing is that it is, by definition,  a hot-dip process where the steel at the surface of the member fuses or co-mingles or something with the zinc to form the protective layer.

I have also seen references to galvanization by electro-plating, though, and I am not sure how this fits in.

Gail Kelley