From: Aswin Rangaswamy [mailto:aswinpe(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 11:09 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Looking for a Wi-Fi PDA

I have the Dell Axim (400 MHz processor with 64MB RAM) with MS Pocket PC which I upgraded from the old Palm IIIe  The best thing about this is the sync with the MS programs.  I dont need to get any additonal software for the basic usage.  It syns Outlook without any problem at home and work.  Word and Excel files can be sync'ed and moved around (also view and edit on the PDA).

MS seems to be releasing all its software to be compatible with Pocket PC including Money.  I have MS Pocket Streets which came with the MS Streets.  I can download maps to my Pocket PC which can narrow down to street level maps.  I beleive MSN maps also has this feature.

Ofcourse the color screen is great.  I take digital snaps with the digital camera (on the CF card) and the built in software can be used to review  and even edit the files.  MS media player version is also available which lets u play audio and video files.  You can also record notes with your voice.  MP3 compatible so that you could use with a walkman.

It is Wi-Fi compatible but i have not installed the card.  MS is working hard on this and updating features which is a major plus point. I have not come across pocket version of AutoCAD yet !

Hoping to hear more from other who use PDAs.

-  Aswin
Aswin Rangaswamy, P.E.
Jacobs Facilities Inc. (www.jacobs.com )
Cypress, California