Re: Raymond Step Tapered Piles

I have a drawing in Seelye's book showing Raymond piles- both tapered and
step-taper. They have no reinf. in them
Dunham's Foundation book shows 5 types of Raymond piles. Three types are
17" dia. at the top and taper to 8" at the bottom. The "Raymond Standard
Concrete Pile" is 22" dia. at the top tapering to 20" dia. 37' below and
to 18" dia. 30' farther down, etc. to 8" dia. 127 ft. at the bottom.
There are no load values given.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA