Re: Minimum Design Loads

Eduardo,

ASCE 7 is not going to tell you specifics on the
required loading for your situation.  When working
with control rooms and equipment rooms, an
understanding of the equipment weights, vibration
characteristics, equipment operation and maintenance
is needed to assess load requirements.

An example is designing for a heavy piece of equipment
at a specific location.  The structure can be designed
to accommodate the load at it's final installed
position but keep in mind that the move path to bring
in and out the equipment must also resist the loads.

Determine your loads first, then take a look at ASCE 7
for minimum load guidance.

Paul Blomberg
Phoenix, AZ