RE: Designing Masonry to Span Horizontally

Richard,

	Span the cmu vertical, just like normal.  At the top of the wall, provide a
continuous bond beam (or two) and design a structural girt to transfer the
wind loads from the top of the wall into the PEMB rigid frame.  You can use
a wide flange on its side or a structural tube.

PS	I haven't forgot about the spreadsheet.  I will send it today.

bks