FW: SPECIFIC GRAVITY OF MICROLLAM

Title: SPECIFIC GRAVITY OF MICROLLAM

Never mind…I found the answer on page 128 of 128 in their structural products design manual.  Use DF-L value, G = .5.   Thanks anyways…

-----Original Message-----
From: Schwan, Martin K.
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 10:48 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: SPECIFIC GRAVITY OF MICROLLAM

Hello List

I’m checking a lag screw withdrawal design value into a 35x microllam.  The engineer is using .53 for the specific gravity and I cannot verify this in my TJI catalog or at their web site.  I have a call into TJI but they haven’t called me back.  Do any of you know what the SG of this product is?  The lag screw unthreaded shank diameter is .38”.  Thanks in advance for any help…happy holidays to you all too, Martin Schwan, Anchorage AK