From: "Chris Banbury" <cbanbury(--nospam--at)nicholson-engineering.com>
To: <
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Residential Truss Bracing

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C3BEF6.F4882060

We have similar difficulties.  The TPI-95 document is referenced by the =
state statues here in Florida. By default the document requires the EOR =
to design lateral bracing as located by the truss design engineer.  The =
individual truss drawings should indicate the location of any required =
lateral truss bracing. Diagonal bracing and gable end bracing seems to =
fall to the EAR entirely.

However, the document also states that it is not intended to supercede =
the contract documents (drawings/specs/etc).  This can be an important =
clause to defending your intent on how the design =
responsibilities/liabilities should be assigned.=20

The truss designer/supplier, however, may argue that they are _only_ =
responsible for doing what is in their sub-contract and are not bound by =
the contract documents.  It would then fall to the GC to make sure that =
the requirements of the contract documents had been put into the =
truss-designers sub-contract. There is a helpful discussion about this =
in the May 2003 Structure magazine.