Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Advice on hydraulic failure to EC7 needed

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Good day, esteemed ladies and gentlemen,

I need some advice on terminology used in the EC7. I hope there is a
European in the house! I am strictly a geotechnical amateur, so I hope you
can bear with me. The EC7 uses "hydraulic heave" to describe a hydraulic
failure condition. It appears to me that this should in fact be what I would
call "boil". I am currently translating a German standard and have been
advised by my client to use EC7 as a reference. Now, I don't like the idea
of taking this from the EC7 just because it's there, if it is actually
incorrect. I can find no reference to this "hydraulic heave" in any of my
British or US literature and an Internet search produces one or two hits,
but which refer to the EC7 again. Does anybody know the EC7 and can advise?
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Alan Johnson

Translator and geotechnical buffoon :-)

Alan Johnson, Fachingenieur fur Geologietechnik
Geotr@ns Freelance Translations
Geology & Geotechnics - Technical & Engineering
ICQ: 171628535
Terminus Est

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********